Biological Services - Manzanita Lake Project
||Biological Services - Manzanita Lake Project
|RFP/RFQ City, State:
County of Madera - Engineering & General Services
2037 West Cleveland Avenue
Madera, CA 93637
Tel:(559) 661-6333 x107
|Proposal Due Date:
|Proposal Due Time:
||The County is seeking a Consultant to assist in the determination of the presence or location of potential biological significant habitat, endangered species, critical habitat, wetlands etc. which should be protected or avoided in any potential future development on the proposed donated property.
The County of Madera hereby requests qualifications and proposals for biological services associated with Madera County’s proposed acquisition of donated lands from Pacific Gas & Electric Co. within the Willow Creek Watershed, Manzanita Lake area and the potential development by the County
for recreational and water reclamation uses.
The following scope of work outlines the required elements of the Consultant:
1. Complete a records search of all previously identified biological significant habitat, endangered species, critical habitat, wetlands etc. within the subject property.
2. Complete a field survey of the entire property and identify locations using standard GPS coordinates of previously undiscovered or undocumented biological significant habitat, endangered species, critical habitat, wetlands etc..
3. Prepare a report including maps and pictures, where applicable, of findings from above investigations and a list of recommendations for preservation and conservation of previously undiscovered or undocumented biological significant habitat, endangered species, critical habitat, wetlands etc. sites.
4. County shall secure a right of entry for consultant from Pacific Gas and Electric allowing Consultant to perform their surveys and investigations.
5. Consultant shall be responsible for contacting or preparing any reports or complying with requires of Federal or State Agencies having jurisdiction over the subject property and coordinating any survey and investigation work with same.
6. Conduct at least one site meeting with representatives of the County, Pacific Gas and Electric, Stewardship Council, and as applicable, any representatives of any Federal or State Agency having jurisdiction over the property.
7. Conduct one presentation meeting with County staff to review findings and recommendations.
CONSIDERATION FOR SELECTION:
The proposal shall address all of the following items, in the order set forth:
1. Applicant or Firm Name.
2. Applicant or Firm Qualifications:
a. Type of Organization, size (local office and total firm size), professional registrations and affiliations, number of years as a firm.
b. Names and qualifications of personnel assigned to Project. Include principal-in-charge, project manager, and all professional staff expected to take responsible roles.
c. Outline of recent projects completed that are similar to this project and that are local to Madera County and familiarity in coordination of investigative studies with local Indian Tribes have historic range over the subject property.
d. Client references from recent projects, including name, address and telephone of individuals to contact.
3. Consultant is required to demonstrate specific expertise relating to the requirements of the Project Scope.
All correspondences or inquiries should be directed to:
COUNTY OF MADERA
Attn: Michelle Garcia
200 W. 4th St.
Madera, California 93637
Tel: (559) 661-6333 Ext. 3107
Fax: (559) 675-7950
Email inquiries to: email@example.com